Re: Production Mgmt S/W

From: Gary V. Heard <gheard_at_gheard.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 19:31:16 +0000

In article <Cw13H4.Huz_at_cup.hp.com> dnag_at_cup.hp.com "Diwakar Nag" writes:

> I am looking for information on production management software for a
> data entry business consisting of 300 - 500 people. I do not know
> anything about these software packages. Somebody has suggested following
> three packages :
>
> PRIMVERA
> MFG RPO
Can't really help with these 2 but I have seen MFG PRO at a site and it looked as if it had a reasonable amount of functionality

> ORACLE MANUFACTURING

Oracle Manufacturing I do know, its now out as Release 10.4 Has much much better functionality than release 9,

> It would be better if the package could be run on PC in DOS environment.
>Though this is not a necessity.
I think you may be out of luck on the Dos Box, I,ve only seen them run on Unix boxes, the most common I've seen are Sun and HP :-)

Hope this helps
> - What one should look for when making such a decision
Look at YOUR business first, analyse and document your current procedures then take the results to the respective salesmen and ask them how well their packages fit your business

> - Any info on these packages
I can let you know more on Oracle Manufacturing if you need it.

> - Phone no/email address I can contact for marketing brochure
Sorry can't help on that

--
Gary V. Heard                               You Are What You Are.