Hot Backups

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 94 17:11:00 -0500

-> guide. My question is: If my system tablespace only contains system
-> tables do I also need to include this in the hot backups or is the
-> once a week cold backup enough. Likewise with my rollback segment
-> tablespaces and temporary tablespaces?

Include them.
In the event of a restore, you will need all logs since the oldest tablespace's backup. A week of logs will probably be a lot more than you want to keep track of and/or restore.

Also, a cold backup tablespace cannot be used with hot backup tablespaces. Received on Wed Sep 07 1994 - 00:11:00 CEST

Original text of this message