Hardware Plaforms

From: Byron Pearce <bpearc1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com>
Date: 2 Sep 1994 20:25:33 GMT

We are presently running on a DEC5000-series Ultrix box and are going to do a change to a new hardware platform during our current Oracle V7 conversion. The frontrunners, at this time, seem to be HP-UX, Sun, and Tandem SGI. If anyone has some information on the type of performance an Oracle V7 RDBMS experiences on these platforms, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I am interested in horror stories, success stories, benchmarks, hidden pitfalls, or anything else.

Thanks!

Byron Pearce                        |  The thoughts and views herein do not
Tandy Information Services          |  necessarily reflect that of Tandy
bpearc1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com        |  Corporation.
"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."