SQL Compiller optns

From: Brett M May <bmay_at_novalink.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 94 09:47:38 EST

We will be writing several database services for Oracle 7.0.16. I know that we can write either Static Pro*C SQL, Dynamic Pro*C SQL or alternately use Stored Procedures for some services.

I'd like to hear about any experiences with writing/running in one of these three modes. I'm especially intrested in performance characteristics. Which will run the fastest? Slowest? Can stored procedures return more than one row yet? What are the pros/cons of each? Thanks in advance,
Brett

Brett M. May         |"...so I says to the lama, 'HEY! LAMA! How
Andersen Consulting  |bout a little something for the effort?'
Houston, TX          |And the lama says, 'oh, there will be no
(713) 237-2206 (day) |money. But when you die, on your deathbed,
bmay_at_novalink.com    |you will recieve total conciousness.' So I