Re: Method to disable key trigger (Elegant one)

From: Kenneth Ho <kenho_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 11:17:10 GMT

In article <mannhart-0109940914490001_at_zuvmaclm.unizh.ch> mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch (Leo Mannhart) writes:
>I think no, since you can control the scope of the trigger. So if you define
>a KEY-OTHERS trigger in the form level it will overwrite the outcoming of
>a KEY trigger not defined in any level. My understanding is the following:

>If one presses a key, Oracle will perform the following tasks:

>Is the key defined in the field level?
> | |
> NO YES ---- execute this field level key trigger and stop.
> |
>Is the key defined in the block level?
> | |
> NO YES ---- execute this block level key trigger and stop.
> |
>Is the key defined in the form level?
> | |
> NO YES ---- execute this form level key trigger and stop.
> |
> execute the "default" key trigger and stop.

>Hope this helps
>LM

Leo

You explanation is absolutely correct.

When you place a null instruction on the KEY-OTHER trigger, it will suppress ALL the key triggers that you have not explicitly define in a form. But I still want some default key triggers to fire, for example, KEY-NEXT-ITEM.

Any idea?

Kenneth Ho
Programmer

Hospitality Data Resources Ltd., H.K. Received on Thu Sep 01 1994 - 13:17:10 CEST

Original text of this message