Re: "Mirrored" databases. Is it possible?

From: Martin Jensen <mj_at_dde.dk>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 12:59:14 GMT

gnic1_at_monu1.cc.monash.edu.au (G Nicolaou) writes:

>pegas_at_hammer.ryazan.su (Vladimir N. Reztsov) writes:

>>Does Oracle support "mirrored" databases on another node?

>well yes and no. It is possible to replicate a database over a number of databases within V7.1 of the RDBMS.
This is true if you _only_ want the real table values to be "mirrored", If you are also interested in data-dictionary changes to be "mirrored", like index creation, table alters, etc, I do not think 7.1 have features to support you.
In this case I suggest that you are forced to send the archive files to the other databases, and asking them to "recover" from the files. There are however a number of drawbacks to consider. Two of them are: - Remember to get the latest redo-log over, if / when the master craches. - The slaves will not be up and running, until the master stops and asks   one of then to be the new master.

Best wishes - Martin Jensen

--
Martin Jensen,  Dansk Data Elektronik A/S, Herlev, Denmark
E-mail:         mj_at_dde.DK