Re: Oracle Browser ??????

From: Edwin Kuprienko <ekuprien_at_rahul.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 20:06:19 GMT

Alan Kwong (kwong_at_panix.com) wrote:
: I am currently running a Windows version of Oracle Data Browser.
: I find writing SQL in SQL/PLUS much easier than trying to
: use Browser to compose SQL statements.

: Is there a better tool for composing SQL other than Browser? It does not
: necessarily have to be an Oracle product.
: Can you add SQL commands through Browser such as spool? How do you implement
: nested queries in Browser, the only information I find is on nested conditions.

: Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Alan!

I am using Q&E Database Editor. It is not perfect tool as it was designed for rather basic queries. However you can easily edit SQL text and switch at any time between clicking your mouse or editing in a popup window.

It is very reliable, allows to format report and has basic form builder included. There is a new release ready for sale. I haven't got it yet.

Cheers,

                                                Edwin Kuprienko

|     Whatever goes up has to go down.                     |
|     Whatever goes down will very likely stay that way.   |