Re: Where can I find SQL*Net TCP/IP protocol documentaion

From: Frank Newman <fnewman_at_bdmserver.bdm.com>
Date: 25 Aug 1994 01:18:32 GMT

Bob Densmore (Bob.Densmore_at_DaytonOH.NCR.COM) wrote: : I am interested in such a document also.

: >In article <ems2.8.2E5A840F_at_delphi.calgary.chevron.com> Tommy Hui writes:
: >Hi,
: >
: >I would like to know if there is a publicly available document
: >that describes the SQL*Net TCP/IP protocol. Is this something that
: >I can get from Oracle? What I'm looking for is a way to communicate
: >with the Oracle listener (orasrv or the Oracle 7 equivalent) without
: >having to use the SQL*Net software at the client workstation.
: >
: >Information for both Oracle 6 and 7 listeners would be great.
: >
: >Any help would be much appreciated.
: >
: >Thanks...
: >Tom

As far as I know, Oracle regards their protocol as proprietary and does not publish or make it publicly available. However, I imagine that it would be possible to reverse engineer their protocol by dumping and and analyzing SQL*Net packets. Received on Thu Aug 25 1994 - 03:18:32 CEST

Original text of this message