Re: Where can I find SQL*Net TCP/IP protocol documentaion

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.com>
Date: 25 Aug 1994 00:20:19 GMT

Bob Densmore <Bob.Densmore_at_DaytonOH.NCR.COM> writes:
|> I am interested in such a document also.
|>
|> ><ems2.8.2E5A840F_at_delphi.calgary.chevron.com> Tommy Hui writes:
|> >Hi,
|> >
|> >I would like to know if there is a publicly available document
|> >that describes the SQL*Net TCP/IP protocol. Is this something that
|> >I can get from Oracle? What I'm looking for is a way to communicate
|> >with the Oracle listener (orasrv or the Oracle 7 equivalent) without
|> >having to use the SQL*Net software at the client workstation.
|> >
|> >Information for both Oracle 6 and 7 listeners would be great.
|> >
|> >Any help would be much appreciated.
|> >
|> >Thanks...
|> >Tom

Sorry, no document exists and the SQL*Net two-task protocol will very likely remain private for the time being. At best, you could get around it by creating a pseudo server implemented with OCI that interfaces with Oracle. Then have the clients talk to it rather than directly to Oracle. Transaction monitors are examples of this method.

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Aug 25 1994 - 02:20:19 CEST

Original text of this message