PL/SQL Question

From: <kkc_at_nauvax.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 22:10:33 GMT

Please keep in mind that I have been working with UNIX for about two weeks, and ORACLE even less when I present this situation which is driving me crazy!

We are running ORACLE 7.0.15 with an application called BANNER (please let me know if you are familiar with it) I can get into SQLPLUS and do simple select statements from the command line no problem. As soon as I save that select statement to the edit buffer and add a REM statement to line 1, I get INVALID SQL STATEMENT - I cannot edit and interactively run PL/SQL routines within SQLPLUS. I can issue a start command from within SQLPLUS and this will work, but this requires that I exit out to my editor, save, and come back into SQLPLUS and start the saved routine rather than editing within SQLPLUS and using the / to run my edit buffer?

When I took the ORACLE class we were able to interactively edit and run was I just dreaming this up, please be kind to this green, wet-behind-the-ears DBA??? Is there a way to edit and interactively run PL/SQL scripts from within SQLPLUS??

Thanks for letting me vent - please respond to kcarmich_at_coco.cc.az.us Received on Thu Aug 25 1994 - 00:10:33 CEST

Original text of this message