Re: Configuring SQL*Net for MTS

From: Paul Zola <pzola_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 19 Aug 1994 14:18:41 GMT

In article <1994Aug16.143137.8757_at_lmpsbbs.comm.mot.com> lyndas_at_email.mot.com (Lynda Sohl) writes: [deleted]
}
}
}I tried to add the suggested parameters to my init.ora. This is what I tried:
}mts_dispatchers = "ipc, 1"

                                    ^^^^^^^ should be "ipc,1"
[deleted]
}However, when I tried to start up the database, I got the following errors:
}ORA-00101: invalid specification for system parameter mts_dispatchers
}ORA-00102: network protocol tpc cannot be used by dispatchers
}
}If I took out the one line 'mts_dispatchers = "tcp, 1"', the database started
}fine. Any clues what may be wrong. The sql*net administrator's guide also
}said that this is the way to configure tcp dispatchers.
}

You don't need to set up TCP/IP dispatchers in init.ora: they are configured by your listener.ora file. Did you build your files with the configuration tool or set them up by hand?

Paul Zola                              pzola_at_oracle.com
Senior Technical Analyst -- Worldwide Technical Support   The floggings will continue until morale imporoves. Received on Fri Aug 19 1994 - 16:18:41 CEST

Original text of this message