Re: Powerbuilder and Oracle

From: Jonathan Lunn <Jonathan.Lunn_at_Canada.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 16:11:46 GMT

>In article <1994Aug12.124540.24137_at_tron.bwi.wec.com> Judy Bruns writes:
>Does anyone know an efficient (performance and maintenance)
>way of transfering data from Oracle into Watcom through
>Powerbuilder. The tables are named the same and look the same.
>Many have over 100,000 rows.

Judy;

A similar question was asked in another newsgroup I monitor, comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder. Following are a couple of suggestions/responses that I saved.

Response 1

-Author: rkm_at_vectorbd.com
-
-   Well, the *easiest* way is to get a copy of Microsoft ACCESS, and do an
-append QUERY.  ( Really!  That's what we do here. :-)
-
-   The second easiest way is to write a small PB app that opens two SQLCA
-objects - one for Oracle, and one for WATCOM.  Then just append through
-them.

Response 2

-Author: Micheal D. Talley
-Export it out of Oracle into flat ASCII.  Then import it into Watcom using
-the same script methodology Watcom provides you when it creates the
-demo tables.

Hope this helps & good luck.

Jonathan