Re: Oracle Reports Performance

From: JPeterson1 <jpeterson1_at_aol.com>
Date: 18 Aug 1994 23:48:03 -0400

In article <Cur0GE.D8v_at_csn.org>, losburn_at_teal.csn.org (Lynn Osburn) writes:

We likewise noticed the same thing. Oracle tech support is aware of the slow responce time as we have logged a tar for it about 3 months ago. In the Oracle Reports previewer, all interim pages must be built and stored in memory before it gets to the last page. Hence, as Lynn mentioned, once all pages have been created, it can skip to other pages in a heartbeat. You may have also noticed that the previewer has a sever memory limitation and may show the report as having 10 pages where in actuality it contains 20. Nonetheless, if the report is printed, all pages print. This limitation is especially predominant with reports created through the CASE tools for Windows.

Cheers,
John Peterson
Oracle Analyst
Andersen Consulting Received on Fri Aug 19 1994 - 05:48:03 CEST

Original text of this message