Re: Reclaiming disk space from tablespaces

From: Carl Gohringer <cgohring_at_lucifer>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 14:39:49 GMT

bandired_at_myhost.subdomain.domain (Madhu Bandireddi) writes:
: Hi!
: We have Oracle 6.0 running on a TI SVR4 platform. We had to add
: tablespace of about 20 Meg temporarily to one of our tablespaces
: for a research project.
: Accidentally we ended up adding up about the same
: amount of space to our System tablespace too. Now that we are
: running low on disk space on our machine we want to reclaim the
: disk space from these tablespaces without losing any data or
: corrupting the database. Would someone please help me on this
: task?
: Thanks
: Madhu

Unfortunatelly, no.
You will have to re-create the database.

--
regards,
Carl