Tablespace Defragmentation Tool

From: Byron Pearce <bpearc1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com>
Date: 17 Aug 1994 21:16:21 GMT

I have just received some information on a tool that handles tablespace defragmentation for Oracle V6 and V7 databases using a Windows-based GUI inteface. I did not know if was appropriate to post the full-text of the information to this newsgroup or not (it might be mistook for an ad), but if anyone wants some information I will be happy to pass it along.

As a new DBA, I know that tablespace fragmentation on Oracle is one of the major pains that craves a solution. Please note that this is only a member of the Internet (me) trying to provide information -- I am not affiliated with the company providing it, nor do I stand to gain anything by this. As far as I know, the product is still in beta and has not been released as of yet, but is expected to hit the market within 1-2 months.

Thanks!

Byron Pearce                        |  The thoughts and views herein do not
Tandy Information Services          |  necessarily reflect that of Tandy
bpearc1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com        |  Corporation.
"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."