Re: Oracle/NetWare Batch processes

From: Henry Harrison <hharriso_at_tdc.dircon.co.uk>
Date: 17 Aug 1994 17:47:19 GMT

JWhitney3 (jwhitney3_at_aol.com) wrote:
: >For various administrative reasons, our ideal environment for the server
: >is Netware rather than UNIX. UNIX would give me various options for
: >controlling the batch process, but in Netware I'm stuck.

: So why not have a UNIX client running against your Netware server?

: jw.

Apart from my desire that the whole system shouldn't require UNIX at all, client-based solutions are distinctly non-ideal because then you have to do a conventional (i.e. non-direct) SQL*Load. That adds a very great deal of time on to the process.

To give a rough idea from our preliminary testing, including using ncopy to copy the files to the server in the direct load case, I would compare about 40 minutes for conventional load with 5-10 minutes for direct. That's a lot of performance to lose...

Henry Harrison Received on Wed Aug 17 1994 - 19:47:19 CEST

Original text of this message