Query: Bringing up 2 databases

From: Pauline <boeywgye_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 15 Aug 1994 06:58:49 GMT

Being a database administrator, I have encountered some problems in bringing up 2 databases on my HP9000/735 server. The first database, as specified in the ORACLE_SID, is always started up successfully but the second always encountered

"ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set.".
"HP-UX Error: 2: No space left on device"

I'll appreciate if anyone out there can e-mail me the answer to the above query.. Thanks!

P.S. : BTW, does anyone know where I can get the FAQ for this newsgroup? Received on Mon Aug 15 1994 - 08:58:49 CEST

Original text of this message