Re: Query: Bringing up 2 databases

From: Frank Abney <sxfla_at_orca.alaska.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 00:51:56 GMT

In article <32n3n9$740_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg>, boeywgye_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg (Pauline ) wrote:

> Being a database administrator, I have encountered some problems in
> bringing up 2 databases on my HP9000/735 server.
> The first database, as specified in the ORACLE_SID, is always started up
> successfully but the second always encountered
> "ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set.".
> "HP-UX Error: 2: No space left on device"

On our OSF/1 box, we had similar problems. There is a kernal parameter that sets the number of semaphores. Yours is probably set to low to allow the second instance to startup. The semaphores are directly related to the processes parameter in your init.ora file. Received on Tue Aug 16 1994 - 02:51:56 CEST

Original text of this message