Re: 200% reliable media => NOARCHIVELOG ??

From: Sandor Nieuwenhuijs <snieuwen_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 15 Aug 1994 07:00:33 GMT

Alex Stebletsov (alex_at_ncbol.msk.su) wrote:
: if I have 200% reliable media (like failt-tolerant RAID), i.e.
: media failures are absolutely impossible, may I operate
: Oracle in NOARCHIVELOG mode ?? (considering Oracle 6)

You could use the archive to do point-in-time recovery, e.g. when you drop a certain table by accident, and want to restore the situation upto a certain point in time.

Sandor Nieuwenhuijs
Oracle Netherlands

  • These opinions (if any) are just mine. I do not represent Oracle ---
  • Corporation in this Posting ---