Re: 200% reliable media => NOARCHIVELOG ??

From: Lee E Parsons <lparsons_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 15:57:17 GMT

Alex Stebletsov <alex_at_ncbol.msk.su> wrote:
>if I have 200% reliable media (like failt-tolerant RAID), i.e.
>media failures are absolutely impossible, may I operate
>Oracle in NOARCHIVELOG mode ?? (considering Oracle 6)

What is your recovery plan should:

        you delete the wrong datafile?

        a user write a delete statement with a wrong where clause?

	you find that the bad hardware has not failed but instead
	corrupted your writes?

The only way you can not use ARCHIVELOG mode is if you dont mind rolling back to the last fullbackup.

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com