Re: Oracle/NetWare Batch processes

From: David Colello <dcolello_at_oracle.com>
Date: 10 Aug 1994 23:51:46 GMT

In <32b1tv$ceb_at_felix.dircon.co.uk>, hharriso_at_tdc.dircon.co.uk (Henry Harrison) writes:

>For various administrative reasons, our ideal environment for the server
>is Netware rather than UNIX. UNIX would give me various options for
>controlling the batch process, but in Netware I'm stuck.
>
>My two main problems are (a)kicking off the process at the right time,
>and (b) knowing when all the SQL*Loader processes have finished and I can
>start manipulating the data.
>
>Can anyone tell me any ways of achieving these - and if not in Netware,
>then any ways of achieving (b) in Oracle?

With Oracle, not really.

However, I've heard alot of good things about a product called Phantom of   the Console that supposedly can help you set up timed jobs, and do alot   of the background type of thing you need. Unfortunately, I don't know   who makes it or any more specifics than that.

Dave Colello
dcolello_at_oracle.com

The views expressed here are my own and not my employer's. Received on Thu Aug 11 1994 - 01:51:46 CEST

Original text of this message