Re: Spelled-out #'s in SQL*Plus

From: Mike Dickson <mdickson_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 13:38:30 GMT

rzx2122_at_mcvax2.d48.lilly.com wrote:
: 1* select to_char(to_date('1234567','J'), 'JSP') from dual : SQL> / This is much like the statement we used in V6 that died when we moved to V7, with appropriate parsing for the decimal. Upon further expermentation, we discovered the problem was that V6 allowed a 0 date, while V7 returned an illegal Julian date message. Although a check for less than a dollar is rare, it does happen. We merely inserted another decode statement to test for 0, and it works!

Thanks for the help, folks!

--
Mike Dickson (Dir, Information Systems) | Voice    (512) 459-1000
Lutheran Social Services of the South   | Fax      (512) 452-6855