Re: SQL TRACE output contents

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 8 Aug 94 16:50:25 GMT

Gary Nystrom (gnystrom_at_umich.edu) wrote:
: We turned on SQL_Trace in an attempt to analyze some SQL and in looking at
: the file it generated we have come up with some questions about the fields it
: contains. We can't seem to find a description of the trace file in any of the
: manuals. There is a line:

: PARSING IN CURSOR #1 len=829 dep=1 uid=26.

: The dep field also appears in lines starting with PARSE #n, EXEC #n, and
: FETCH #n. I kind of figure uid is the user ID number. Can anyone shed
: any light on dep and len, and perhaps also share tips on intrepreting the
: SQL_Trace output. It doesn't appear these two are addressed in TKPROF output.

Try run "tkprof" on the trace file first. It would really make your life a lot easier. The syntax is:
  tkprof <trace file> <output file> explain=<user/password>

Try using the same <user/password> as the person who ran the trace. When you look at the output file, you'll see what I mean.

 Kim Ng
 (Just a low life contract programmer. Thus, my clients won't adopt my views.) Received on Mon Aug 08 1994 - 18:50:25 CEST

Original text of this message