Re: ORACLE Backups

From: Trevor Paquette <tpaquette_at_ita.lgc.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 1994 20:13:27 GMT

 .

> You could go into SQLDBA and do a shutdown immediate...that would
> effectively kick them off!

 No it won't. That will disable any new connections to the database. Any already existing connections are sitll there and sqldba will wait until all are disconnected before shutting down the database.

 What you want to do is a shutdown abort. That WILL abort any and all current sessions.

--
Name : Trevor Paquette       | Alberta Energy Company   |  _\___ Fahrvergnuegen
Email: tpaquette_at_ita.lgc.com | Calgary, Alberta, Canada | /     \____