V7.X DBA's -- PATCH #6 Advisory - URGENT

From: Oracle71 <oracle71_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Jul 1994 22:14:08 -0400

Oracle Corporation has sent out an emergency patch that needs to be applied to a number of flavors of Oracle7 Server. If you have not yet received your package with media and instructions, it is absolutely critical that you contact whatever your Oracle Corporation support mechanism is, and ask them about this patch and arrange to get it immediately if your release is among those affected.

I got eight boxes of instructions and media for everything we could have (well, seems to be two copies of each media type), so I believe they are extra serious.

Proprietary / licensing issues really keep me from getting into the details, and your Oracle person should be able to fill you in.

I'm not associated in any way with Oracle Corporation, but I like their products, and know what it's like to be a DBA when something major might fall through the cracks, so I'm sharing this information to help ensure the appropriate individuals take immediate action.

R. (Scott) Hunter shunter_at_cfotax.attmail.com Database Administrator
AT&T Tax Services Company, Financial Services Organization, AT&T Corporation