SQL*Net Error - TNS-12203

From: Amr Assal <intelli_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 02:09:09 GMT

Hi! We are developing a PB3.0a app to work against a remote Oracle v7.0.15.0 database running on MicroVAX 3600 with VMS 5.0+. We want to use SLIP or PPP from windows clients to dialin. Currently we are looking at Netmanage ChameleonNFS stack. We are having all kinds of problems in connecting to the server via SQL*Net v2.0.15 for TCP/IP. On the client, we keep getting TNS-12203 error. However, we can establish the SLIP connection via Netmanage Custom fine. Any ideas? Also, is there a stack that we can load from within the PB app and dial out rather than establishing a SLIP connection first and then having the application talk to Oracle (i.e. if we get 'em talking!)? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

  • Parmeet (intelli_at_netcom.com)