Re: FORM CALL FROM

From: wareing pti <p0070621_at_brookes.ac.uk>
Date: 21 Jul 1994 15:34:16 +0100

wu litao (litao_at_CS.ColoState.EDU) wrote:
> I have a naive Form 3 problem, form call form.
> The syntax can be simple like call(form_name).
> My questions are:
> 1. Does the form_name need to exist in Database or current directory?
> That is how to search this called form.

It's accessed using the normal search procedure for your operating system. So you can use environment variables, full path names, whatever you like. (We tend to use such things as $FORMPATH_VAL/VAL_wibble, this being UNIX).
> 2. Do I have to declare this "form_name" in calling form since I
> have met PL/SQL error in my key-enter trigger
> saying identifier 'form_name' must be declared
> though this 'form_name' exists in both Database and current directory?
> If I have to declare, how?

Nope, you need to put quotes around the form name. eg with my example above: call_form('$FORMPATH_VAL/VAL_wibble);

--
Tommy Wareing
Oxford Brookes University