Re: Help with default Message Text?

From: Ramesh <rkrishna_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 21 Jul 1994 20:31:20 GMT

In article <CswDAu.2q5_at_freenet.carleton.ca> ad041_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Allison Rothmel) writes:

>Hi. I still haven't been able to rewrite the default meessage
>text in Forms 3.0 V6.
>
>I've tried writing an on-message trigger
>
> DEFINE TRIGGER
>
> NAME = ON-MESSAGE
> TRIGGER_TYPE = V3
> TEXT = <<<
> if message_text = 'Enter a query; press F8 to execute, Esc to cancel.'
> then message
> ('Enter a query; you may press F9 for <LIST>. Press F8 to execute');
> end if;
> >>>

> ENDDEFINE TRIGGER
>
>... but it doesn't work... and I checked and re-checked the syntax...
>
>I would like to check the MESSAGE-CODE but where can I find the
>values of what the message-code should be?
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Allison
>allison_at_magi.com
>--
>
>Allison Rothmel ad041_at_freenet.carleton.ca
>..

You may do this with a Key-Entqry trigger on that block. I presume that this is the enter_Query trigger.

TRIGGER KEY-ENTQRY Declare w_msg_level varchar2(3);
begin
w_msg_level := :System.Message_Level;
:System.Message_Level := 25;
Message ('Enter a query.You may press F9 <LIST>.F8 to continue'); Enter_Query;
:System.Message_level := w_msg_level;
end;

Hope this helps. I have tried this in Forms 4.0. I think this should work in Forms 3.0 also

Ramesh Krishnamurthy Received on Thu Jul 21 1994 - 22:31:20 CEST

Original text of this message