VB Crystal Reports - Oracle problem with outer join

From: Raymond Lowe <rlowe_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 20 Jul 1994 20:27:48 +0800

Trying to use the VB Crystal Reports to make a report with data in an Oracle database (Oracle 7 under VMS). Everything works fine until we try an outer join - server reports an error, incomplete expression. Suspect it may be a syntax problem with Oracle using (+) for outer join but Crystal Reports possibly using =* - but then again I read that the ODBC driver is supposed to translate such things. Is this a known problem?

For that matter, what other report writer would be good for letting Windows end-users whip up quick reports from the Oracle data?

Replies by mail please - usual excuses about not reading these areas. :-) Will summerize if I have informative responses. Thanks.

rlowe_at_hk.super.net                                             Raymond C. Lowe
Under construction <A HREF=http://www.hk.super.net/~rlowe/home.html> click!</A> Received on Wed Jul 20 1994 - 14:27:48 CEST

Original text of this message