Re: SQL QUESTION: PLEASE HELP!!!!

From: Dave Crowson <dcrowson_at_amoco.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 20:16:24 GMT

In article <jmboivin.16.000E7719_at_cti.ulaval.ca> jmboivin_at_cti.ulaval.ca (Jean-Marc Boivin) writes:
>From: jmboivin_at_cti.ulaval.ca (Jean-Marc Boivin)
>Subject: SQL QUESTION: PLEASE HELP!!!!
>Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 19:27:48 GMT

>I have a table wich could look like this:

>table x
> ticket_number number,
> ticket_status char(1)

>And the data's:

>ticket_number ticket_status
>---------------------- --------------------
>1
>2
>3
>4 S
>5
>6
>7 S
>8
>9
>10

>and so...

>You understand that the ticket_status S is for sold.
>So, I want a SQL which will list all tickets not sold like this:

>first of group last of group
>1 3
>5 6
>8 10

What happened to 2 and 9 ?
David Crowson Freelance Oracle Consultant (since 1983)

igotan_at_ombomb.demon.co.uk or weirdguy_at_cix.compulink.co.uk

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.  I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to  move, to get down off this featherbed of civilisation  and to find the globe granite underneath and strewn  with cutting flints" : Robert Louis Stevenson   Received on Wed Jul 20 1994 - 22:16:24 CEST

Original text of this message