Re: Experience with Oracle 7.1

From: <jpope_at_mojo.europe.dg.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 11:48:41 GMT

Artemis Chau (achau_at_wv.mentorg.com) wrote:
: Does anyone has a production enviornment running Oracle 7.1? I heard that
: Mervyn's is, I would like to know how the new features work out. Thanks for
: any response.

We (DG) run 7.1 PQO internally for stock reports. We get superscaler performance increase with our AvIION kit, i.e. 8 cpu system gets nine times improvment on query processing. Index builds and stuff are much faster, byt a factor of about 5. Works very nicely, and is easy to administer.

All it needs now is a POSIX threads interface, and we'll be on our way ...

Jon. Received on Wed Jul 20 1994 - 13:48:41 CEST

Original text of this message