Re: Forms 4.0 Runtime - Maximizing Windows

From: Glenn Nicholas <Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 09:25:50 +0000

There are two options I know of, both of which are less than totally satisfactory.

You can use the get_application_property built-in to find out how big the current display is. Then you can then:

  • under MS Windows set the size of the MDI Window with the set_window_property and the special forms_mdi_window keyword. Other window sizes are set using set_window_property.
  • for other platforms, set the size of your application windows (root or otherwise) accordingly using set_window_property Note a quirk of the MDI window is that you can set its size, but you can't find out what it is thereafter (eg. in case the user has changed it).

Alternatively, for MS Windows there is a user exit available from UK Support (I got mine from the UK) which will maximise a window for you. Naturally this is MS Windows specific.

In article <3063lj$o7l_at_quartz.ucs.ualberta.ca>

           tmclella_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca "Tim McLellan" writes:

:When we use Forms 4.0 Runtime under Windows, the Runtime Window and the
:form window itself are both less than maximized. Is there any way to get
:the Runtime Window to always be maximized, and as well, the form window
:within the Runtime window to also maximize?

--
Glenn Nicholas, Concept             |   Internet: Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk
Ph: +44 908 221313                  | Compuserve: 100070,3562