Re: Help with default Message Text?

From: Olaf van der Geest <ogeest_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 18 Jul 1994 21:00:12 GMT

Allison Rothmel (ad041_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA) wrote:

: Hi. I still haven't been able to rewrite the default meessage
: text in Forms 3.0 V6.

: I've tried writing an on-message trigger

: DEFINE TRIGGER

: NAME = ON-MESSAGE
: TRIGGER_TYPE = V3
: TEXT = <<<
: if message_text = 'Enter a query; press F8 to execute, Esc to cancel.'
: then message
: ('Enter a query; you may press F9 for <LIST>. Press F8 to execute');
: end if;
: >>>

Hi Allison ,

To be honest, I would not advise you to refer to specific keys on the keyboard (like F9) since this is will not work if you are using a VT100 terminal in stead of a PC.

But, as an answer to your problem, you could try the following:

      NAME = KEY-ENTQRY
      TRIGGER_TYPE = V3
      TEXT = <<<
      :system.message_level := 10; -- Suppress message
      message ('Enter a query; you may press F9 for <LIST>.
                Press F8 to execute');
      enter_query;
      :system.message_level := 0; -- Reset to default

The disadvantage is that the system.message_leve is set to 10 during the enter query mode and could suppress other error messages (like 'Query cancelled')

I could not find the enter-query message in the manual, so it looks like you found a message that cannot be catched with the on-message trigger (there are more, for instance:'Working..')

Hope this helps,

Olaf

--
Olaf vd Geest                              Oracle Corporation
ogeest_at_nl.oracle.com                       Rijnzathe 6