Re: Copy table attributes

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 21:41:00 -0500

-> My old table has long raw columns in it so this command fails with
-> ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype.
-> Also most of my tables are very large and I think that the comparison
-> rownum=0 will be too time consuming on an exceptionally large table.
-> Any more suggestions??

oooooohh. burnt.
Hmm, if you have PERL on your system I could give you the script that I use to export and import tables, giving an option to edit the creation and remove, rename columns. It's really ugly and needs a couple of treaks to run on V7 (was written for V6 and I'm in the middle of the migration right now). Received on Sat Jul 16 1994 - 04:41:00 CEST

Original text of this message