Re: Copy table attributes

From: Michael S. Baer <msbaer_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 15 Jul 1994 10:47:52 -0500

Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com> wrote:

>Umm, you want to create an EMPTY table with the same fields as another
>table, right?
>
>create table new_table as select * from old_table where rownum = 0;

My old table has long raw columns in it so this command fails with ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype. Also most of my tables are very large and I think that the comparison rownum=0 will be too time consuming on an exceptionally large table.

Any more suggestions??

Mike

--
Michael S. Baer IV  msbaer_at_cast.msstate.edu
Center for Air Sea Technology