Re: Oracle Access and OS/2

From: East Bay Municipal Utility District <ebmud_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 1994 20:21:20 GMT

Ron A. Olshavsky (rono_at_netcom.com) wrote:
: Hey Net*Folks,

: Can someone out there can settle a 'bet' I have with my
: supervisor...I am under the impression that if you are using the OS/2
: Oracle Tools set (FORMS, PLUS, REPORTWRITER...) and connected to a remote
: database (ORACLE For NETWARE On a dedicated Netware server) using the
: NEtware Requester for OS/2, that I can open multiple OS/2 processes and
: access the database from each one independently from the previous accesses...

The Netware Requester doesn't come into play here, unless your Oracle Tools or SQL*Net are on a Netware Server. SQL*Net is the necessary link to the db, along with whatever protocol you want to use to get there.

: Ie, run a report in one process, have a form up in another, and be in
: SQLPLUS in yet a third...

: Do I have this right? If I can prove to him that this works, he will
: order me the OS/2 toolset...so any help either way is appreciated...

Have him order it. I do this on a daily basis, each session is completely independent of the others.

Bill

--
East Bay Municipal Utility District
375 11th Street                       (Please include your correspondent's