Re: FORMS 4:Relation & Query

From: <SCUNNANE_at_ESTEC.BITNET>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 10:57:40 MET

>Suppose I have a table of Author names and a table of Books.
>I have a block that shows the Author and a relation to another block that
>shows the Author's books. My problem is that I would also like to be able
>to query the books block to search through ALL the books. So sometimes I
>want the Author->book realtion (ie. for query,insert,delete) and sometimes
>I want to be able to just look through all the books (ie. query and delete).
>Is it possible to turn a relation off? Or something like that?

You can switch the "relation" on and off by using the SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(blockname,DEFAULT_WHERE,'where clause'); built-in function. Check out page 3-277 of the Forms Reference Manual (Vol. 1).

If you need any more help just email me. Good luck,

Shane. Received on Wed Jul 13 1994 - 11:57:40 CEST

Original text of this message