Re: ORA 9241 with Visual Works and V7 under Sun OS

From: John Keats Kirsch <keats_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 16:37:57 GMT

Robert Agg (zhagg_at_zh014.ubs.ubs.ch) wrote:

: Hello world

: We have developed an application using VisualWorks(1.0) from ParcPlace on a UNIX
: client and are now proting the same application (same image) to the PC Windows 3.1
: environment. We can connect to the Database using SQL*Plus but not from VisualWorks.

: Anyone out there with simliar experience / suggestions / pointers ???

: All help welcome. Please feel free to Post and/or E-Mail.

: Thankx

: Robert

I don't know anything about VisualWorks, but I had a similar situation trying to get Oracle to work with MS Access and Excel using the ODBC driver. I called MicroSoft and they recommended setting a CONFIG variable in my AUTOEXEC.BAT file, e.g.:

    SET CONFIG=C:\WINDOWS\ORACLE.INI This solved our problem. I hope it will yours as well. Good luck.   Received on Wed Jul 13 1994 - 18:37:57 CEST

Original text of this message