Re: Updating Statistics for the Data Dictionary -

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 94 20:36:00 -0500

-> >Oracle support told me to wait for 7.1 before using it.
-> >If you accidently analyze anything to gathe r the stats,
-> >drop them NOW!
->
-> Is this true?? I haven't heard this before... rather disturbing...
-> Chad

Would I lie? (yes, but only to my wife and kids).

Do not attempt to use Cost based optimization unless you have a couple of months to test each statement via the explain plan, etc., and see where they ignore indexes and cause multiple full table scans instead of direct access vy index. It is seriously broke, you need to wait for 7.1.

They will NOT admit this publicly becuase it is a major selling point! Received on Sun Jul 10 1994 - 03:36:00 CEST

Original text of this message