Re: How much data when using SQLNET

From: Sandor Nieuwenhuijs <snieuwen_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 1994 13:42:30 GMT

amckee_at_bfsec.bt.co.uk wrote:

: We have some ORACLE forms that we want to operate on a client SUN
: workstation and access data from an ORACLE database via SQLNET.
: We are interested in how much network traffic this will create.
: Specifically, if we perform a query that will retrieve many records
: and display them 10 at a time will the form transfer the records when
: they are needed or does all the data get transferred at query time ie.
: one large block of data over the net or small bursts ?

Actually you can control this with the ARRAYSIZE of Oracle. This determines the number of rows which are sent between the Client and the Server when executing a SQL statment. It depends on the Application tools you are using whether it uses this feature or not. Ofcourse Oracle Forms etc do use this.

Sandor Nieuwenhuijs
Oracle Netherlands

  • These opinions (if any) are just mine. I do not represent Oracle ---
  • Corporation in this Posting ---