Which Unix? SCO , Sun, AIX?

From: Don McFadden <vitalnet_at_renoir.cftnet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 21:16:16 GMT

We are going to convert from Netware to Unix for our Oracle7 server, I was wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with the considered systems.

1) SCO unix on a Compaq ProLiant Pentium server
2) AIX on an IBM Power PC workstation
3) SUN OS on a Sparc 1000 or 2000

Any Information would be greatfully appreciated. ps here is the situation: We have a 2gig database that will only be written to (no administering after intial set-up) we want to have the stablest, best performer, that will run on it's own, We have a back-up / recover scheme, but we want the machine to be as maintence free as possible (at client site) Thanks in Advance,
Don McFadden
Critikon, Inc Received on Fri Jul 08 1994 - 23:16:16 CEST

Original text of this message