HELP -- getting started w/ SQL*Forms

From: Steve Mitchell <stevem_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 1994 16:01:27 GMT

Hi. I'm running Oracle7 on SunOS 4.1.3. I have several databases set up and am using them mostly through oraperl.

I'm trying to create a couple of forms for full screen "user friendly" access to a few of the tables, but am having some trouble getting started with SQL*Forms Create.

My problem is that whenever I fire up "sqlforms30" and choose "New" from e "Action" menu, then enter a name for the new form I'm trying to create, it says "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist." I am logged in as oracle, with a ORACLE_SID set, and using valid oracle user id's in SQL*Forms. This happens with any form name I think up.

Do I need to create a view for the tables I intend to use before starting a new form? If so, how do I tell it what view I'm going to use?

Do I need to somehow tell SQL*Forms what tables I intend to use? If so, how?

Do I have SQL*Forms installed incorrectly?

I have the complete SQL*Forms docs, but they don't seem to discuss anything prior to creating a new form--only activities after you've got started with new form..

Any comments or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

--steve

--
Steve Mitchell      KD6BET       TIP#168       steve_mitchell_at_csufresno.edu
"Everything in this message may be wrong."  /  "Make love, not Perl code."