Re: embedded sql. function sqlcex

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_wwsun10.us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 17:24:52 GMT

In article <2v3ebs$cn5_at_hermes.uni-konstanz.de>, jmiller_at_rz-uxc03.fh-konstanz.de (Jacques Miller) writes:
|> Hi all!
|>
|> I ll try to compile a programm containing embedded sql.
|> Everything is fine until the linking process: After
|> that process i get following message:
|>
|> Linking sepp
|> /bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
|> sqlcex (code)
|> *** Error code 1
|>
|> Stop.
|>
|> In the c-file sqlcex is declared as extern. Does anybody
|> know in which files sqlces is in?
|>
|> Its possible that u wont get through by e-mail to me (there
|> r problems since a few days). In that case could u post it please?
|>
|> Thanks,
|>
|> Jacques

It would appear that you are on a unix system. To link a proc program on unix, use the 'proc.mk' makefile. It can be found in $ORACLE_HOME/proc/demo. To precompile, compile and link a program called x.pc into an executable called x, use 'make -f proc.mk x'. sqlcex() is defined in libsql.a (in $ORACLE_HOME/lib for Oracle 7, $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib for version 6). But you need other libraries as well, which is why we provide the makefile :)

PS: On VMS, use the LNPROC.COM link script. Received on Tue Jul 05 1994 - 19:24:52 CEST

Original text of this message