Re: General DBMS books

From: Steven Whatley <swhatley_at_blkbox.COM>
Date: 1 Jul 1994 17:40:48 GMT

dagmara_at_news.delphi.com (DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM) writes:
>I know of no such book covering the databases you mention (ORACLE,
>Sybase, Foxpro...) I have a book that is several years old I use often
>called _UNIX Relational Database Systems_ (I think, it's at the office) by
>Ulka Rodgers. She does a great job of discussing everything you did and
>didn't want to know about UNIX, then does a nice job comparing ORACLE (V5
>or V6, sorry, I don't remember the version), Sybase, Informix, Access and
>others. However, the book focuses only on RDBMSs running on UNIX platforms.

Sounds interesting. I do not care which RDBMSs it covers. I am just interested in a one-point source for general information on multiple RDBMSs instead of having to buy a whole bunch of thick books. I'll see if I can find this one.

Thanks,
Steven Whatley Received on Fri Jul 01 1994 - 19:40:48 CEST

Original text of this message