Re: Oracle CASE expert needed

From: Slurton <slurton_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 Jul 1994 17:27:01 -0400

In article <1994Jun28.134534.6072_at_pentagon-gw.army.mil>, grant_at_pentagon-gw.army.mil (Pete Grant) writes:

Pet I talked to you folks about 6 months ago and went through a very detailed interview, I forgot the guys names, and he offered me a job on the spot which I would have taken if the money was right. I know that 60K is alot of money but I live in Manassas and could not do that commute for any longer than a year and so I needed enough money to save up for a house closer in. I would have been more that willing to sign a piece of paper which precluded me from a raise on my second year. I have 4 solid years of Oracle*CASE experience and have developed 1 system from beginning to end. I also received a Top Secret Clearance which has been administrativly down graded to a Secret.
I am currently working for WR SYSTEMS, LTD and will be assigned as a task leader on a 2 year Oracle*CASE design effort for the U.S. Coast Guard. The reason I was given by your company as to why you could not go 60K was that I was currently earning 42K and a raise from 42K to 60K was just not do able. After 7 months of job searching I found out the hard way that it does not matter how good you are worth, but how cheap a company can get you for. That is certainly the feeling that I was left with.
I'm sorry for all of the bad feelings but I was really disappointed about the job.

Sincerly

Scott A. Lurton

Senior Analyst
WR SYSTEMS, LTD
FAIRFAX, VA
(703)934-0200 Received on Fri Jul 01 1994 - 23:27:01 CEST

Original text of this message