Re: ORACLE ODBC Problems

From: Mary Finean <fineanm_at_aston.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 15:47:04 GMT

Our thanks to Anton Dischner. His quick fix finally linked our Access database on an Apricot P.C. with the ORACLE datbase on a sunserver2000 running SunOS 5.3.
Further investigation with ORACLE revealed that the port number problem can also be solved by careful taioring of the Services file; the command

        orasrv 1525/tcp oracle
should be at the top of the Services file and also a space (not a tab) should be inserted after the /tcp string. We are still using the IP address of the host as SQL*Net fails to match it to the host name even though it is in the host file.

Cheers.

---

M.Finean_at_aston.ac.uk---------------ComputerOfficer-------
Mary Finean------------------------Aston University------