Re: ORACLE FORMS 3 VS FORMS 4

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 14:08:49 GMT

In article <2u6abg$9m1_at_scsing.switch.ch> berli_at_switch.ch (Martin Berli) writes:
>Dennis Moore (dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
>
>> Well, yes there are.

>> * Graphical or character mode deployment
>
>Well, if one wants to stick with character mode deployment: Are there still
>advantages of Forms4 over Forms3? I've never seen them mentioned.
>

> Martin Berli

>Internet: berli_at_switch.ch | SWITCH, Swiss Academic and Research Network
>Phone : +41 1 268 1540 | Limmatquai 138
>Fax : +41 1 268 1568 | CH-8001 Zurich

For character mode deployment, you still get the tremendous advantage of developing in a GUI environment -- multiple windows, cut-and-paste, viewing triggers simultaneously, point-and-click UI development, etc. And Forms 4 also gives you the ability to access non-Oracle data sources with optimization per data source, tight integration for data and look-and-feel (and development environment) with Oracle Reports 2, many new UI widgets, integrated menu development, etcetcetc. For more information, get the Forms 4 Data Sheet from your sales person.

  • Dennis Moore, my own opinions, etcetcetc