Tools for creating/managing data models

From: Steven R. Angelovich <angelovs_at_teal.csn.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 03:02:18 GMT

We are looking for information on MS-Windows based tools to help create and manage our datamodels.

We are currently in the undesirable position of having to support several different backend data engines.

We need a tool that can help us to create a data model, and then dump out the definition that can be run against Oracle7, SQL Server and Sybase. We would also like to be able to use MS-Access in cases where a database server isn't available.

Does anybody have any information about tools that can be used to help?

Also has anybody had any experience with a product form the Standford Corp. The product is a windows application that is specifically written to support oracle7. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks for any information
Steve

--

Steve Angelovich