What platform to use?

From: <sharmp_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 24 Jun 94 12:17:29 +1000

Does anyone have something that covers the advantages and disadvantages of ORACLE on different platforms (i.e. better on UNIX than VMS etc)? We're currently looking at such a move from a cost to us perspective, but I'm also interested in what's the advantages and disadvantages of different platforms as database servers for my personal knowledge.

Replies to me and I'll summarise if there is enough interest.

Thanks

Pete

Peter Sharman                                                 SHARMP_at_HHCS.GOV.AU
Aust. Dept Human Services and Health                                 06-289 7661
select witty_saying, std_disclaimer from hsh.management_requirements