Re: Ramdisk for V7.0.15.4

From: Brett England <bmenglan_at_seldon.apanix.apana.org.au>
Date: 23 Jun 1994 23:32:25 GMT

Robert Agg (zhagg_at_zh014.ubs.ubs.ch) wrote:

: We are running V7.0.15.4 under SUN OS and would be interested in finding out about
: setting up a 'ram disk' to 'cache' certain frequently used reference tables.

: Please post any help.

: Thanks

: Robert

But that is what the SGA is for !

DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS - The number of database blocks to cache in memory in the SGA This parameter is the most significant determinant of the SGA size and database performance. The advantage of a higher value is that when a user needs a database block that block is more likely to be in memory, thus reducing I/O.

--
     ._, .      Brett England
   _,' {_]\     email:  bmenglan_at_apanix.apana.org.au